Steve Bowman – Governance for Purpose Workshops
Neighbourhood Houses Tasmania, in partnership with Blackmans Bay Childrens Services, is proud to bring Steve Bowman to Tasmania for a series of workshops. Don’t miss this chance to hear from one of the most dynamic and practical governance trainers in Australia. Steve will challenge you about your role as a board member AND have a lot of fun along the way.
Steve Bowman from Conscious Governance works with community, government and corporate organisations around the world to improve their governance and performance as an organisation. He is in demand because he can put governance into everyday understandable terms and provides practical steps all boards and organisations can take to improve their performance.
This is the best governance training I’ve ever been to. Period.” – Nettie Burr – Manager – Starting Point Neighbourhood House
“You truly have a gift in turning governance; processes, obligations, responsibilities, planning, language and concepts, described by others in volumes; into easy to understand bite size chunks.” – Mark Brennan, Executive Officer, South West Primary Care Partnership
Steve will walk through:
- What are your duties as a committee/board member in plain English (an irreverent look )
- How to read and use your Vision Statement
- Keeping focused on the stuff that really matters
- How to deal with difficult people so you don’t get distracted
- Creating your committee so that really good people want to join
- How to balance operations with strategy and planning
- Focussing on the future while monitoring the now
- How to be more personally aware?
- How to extract useful information from your financials (hint ….. it’s not the figures)
- Using risk to leverage opportunity
Whether you’re on board, work to a board or intend being on a board one day – don’t miss this chance.
LAUNCESTON Thursday 24th May 10:30am – 2pm (registration & morning tea from 10am) OPEN TO HOUSE VOLUNTEERS/STAFF AND EXTERNAL ORGANISATIONS
Tramsheds Function Centre, 4 Invermay Road, Launceston To book please visit https://www.trybooking.com/375106
Friday 25th May, 10:30am – 2pm (registration & morning tea from 10am) – NEIGHBOURHOOD HOUSES VOLUNTEERS AND STAFF ONLY
The Old Woolstore Hotel, 1 Macquarie Street, Hobart To book please visit https://www.trybooking.com/375348