Find a House
Neighbourhood and Community Houses in Tasmania.
Tasmania’s Neighbourhood Houses are the warm and generous heart of their communities. Their goals are to build community, support people and families, and enhance participation choices.
Neighbourhood Houses provide a network to support individuals and families, and are linked to local communities at the grassroots. They provide a place for people to go and feel part of a community, a place where people are welcomed and a place where people can learn new skills, be a part of a group, meet new friends, volunteer, and give back to their community.
There are 35 Neighbourhood and Community Houses located around Tasmania. Use this page to find one near you.
Spreadsheet of contacts for all the Houses: Download list of all House contacts.
Follow the below links for individual Houses
There are 18 houses in the Southern region.
- Bridgewater Community Centre
- Bucaan Community House
- Clarendon Vale Neighbourhood Centre
- Derwent Valley Community House
- Dowsing Point Community Centre
- Dunalley/Tasman House
- Gagebrook Community Centre
- Geeveston Community Centre
- Goodwood Community Centre
- Karadi Aboriginal Corporation
- Kingston Neighbourhood House
- Midway Point Neighbourhood House
- Okines Community House
- Risdon Vale Neighbourhood House
- Rokeby Neighbourhood Centre
- Warrane Mornington Neighbourhood Centre
- West Moonah Community House
- West Winds Community Centre
The Northern region has 10 Houses.
There are ten Houses because Northern Suburbs Community Centre operates two Houses. These are in Mowbray and Rocherlea. Other areas in the Northern region with Neighbourhood Houses include George Town, Fingal, Scottsdale, Beaconsfield, Deloraine, and Ravenswood.
- Beaconsfield House
- Deloraine House
- Dorset Community House
- Fingal Valley Neighbourhood House
- George Town Neighbourhood House
- Northern Suburbs Community Centre (Mowbray)
- Northern Suburbs Community Centre (Rocherlea)
- Ravenswood Neighbourhood House
- St Helens Neighbourhood House
- Tresca Community Centre (Exeter)
There are 7 Houses in the North-Western Region.
Burnie, Devonport, Eastern Shore and Ulverstone are located on the north-west coast. Rosebery and Zeehan are located on the west coast. Phoenix Community House is located on King Island.