Mental Health Resources
- SMART (Strategies for managing abuse related trauma) free online training is a suite of online learning tools and modules that focus on supporting children and young people in a range of educational and other settings. It has been funded by the Department of Education and Children’s Services in South Australia. There is no cost to participating in the SMART online program. You register through the Australian Childhood Foundation.
- MHPN (Mental Health Professional’s Network) Google and register, workshops are free and you receive emails of upcoming workshops.
MHPN supports interdisciplinary mental health networks across Australia.
These locally driven networks aim to improve consumer outcomes by promoting
collaborative practice and peer support amongst clinicians and service
providers who are providing treatment to people with mental health issues.
By becoming a member of an MHPN network, people can:
- Expand their mental health referral networks
- Broaden their knowledge of local service providers
- Enhance their professional development opportunities
- Share the skills and expertise
- Mindhealthconnect: An online site that is a gateway to issues surrounding mental health care and your first step to finding relevant support
and resources to meet your needs.
- PHAM: Personal Helpers and Mentors Program: A program that is run through Anglicare to support people who experience a mental illness.
- TTMHN (Tasmanian Transcultural Mental Health Network) The Phoenix Centre: Support for survivors of torture and trauma.
- Conflict Resolution Network:
Includes free online training in conflict resolution